Inquiry Project Link:
http://prezi.com/kw1ghojubjsu/?utm_campaign=share&utm_medium=copy
From doing the Inquiry Project, I learned many unexpected aspects to my question. For instance, there are three main factors to the psychology of male dominance causing gender inequality; biology, traditions and socialization. I didn't expect there to be an actual answer to my question because my question was very particular.. I was not entirely sure if the subjects of my question would even connect smoothly, yet they ended up having a connection such as the three main factors that contribute to my question.
During the inquiry process, my main challenge was researching because my question was very precise. Thus, finding the answer of my question involved a lot of critical thinking, connecting and deep research. A scholar article ended up giving me a boosting help since it consisted of the three main factors of my answer (socialization, biology, and traditions). Overall, I feel as though I fulfilled all the requirements of the project but I would maybe try to find more different styled sources to present my information such as a short video for those who may find it easier to learn from motion visuals.
Being a female myself, I know that the world is not yet over gender inequality, so being able to understand the history and psychological reasons as to why male domination exists and affects gender inequality is very vital to changing the issue because that way I myself and others who listened and watched my presentation will be aware of what not to do when raising their children one day or what actions to avoid in prevention of gender inequality. It is just like taking social studies in the junior years of high school because we learn history to know and understand the faults and actions that affected people many years ago.
Now that I am aware and understand the reason why male domination has a psychological impact on gender inequality, I would like to take the issue furthermore by researching on what actions would help the act of eliminating gender inequality. Other than having protests, what can families teach their kids to stop the inequality between genders and what is the fastest way to enlighten the whole world on this issue in hopes to end it. Just like in psychology, I have described the issue, understood the issue, predicted the issue (if certain actions continue, the issue will continue), and now I would need to change the issue by coming up with solutions and applying them to real life experiences.
Interesting discussion clip on the psychology behind gender discrimination: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WIn81ySIj64
A motivational speech on gender equality by Emma Watson:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p-iFl4qhBsE
No comments:
Post a Comment