Sunday, 11 January 2015

Inquiry Question

 


     The novel that I read was The Handmaid's Tale by Margaret Atwood which follows an adult female named Offred who has been placed into the new  societal ways. Offred is taken away from her husband and daughter then forced to be a Handmaid or in other words a female who's only duty is to be a child bearer. Throughout reading the novel I came to a conclusion that the theme that I want my inquiry question to incorporate is Gender Inequality. I mixed the theme of gender inequality with my interest in psychology. I wanted to figure out how the psychology of both females and males plays a role in gender discrimination. When digging deeper into my question I realized that females are usually the most affected in gender inequality and that male dominance plays a big role in that outcome. I then thought where did male dominance come from and why did it contribute to gender inequality. Therefore, I decided to join all my key ideas together and came up with the question "Why does male dominance have a psychological impact on gender inequality?"

No comments:

Post a Comment