Sunday, 11 January 2015

Getting To Know Yourself



 


    Life through my six year old self's eyes was very innocent. I was not aware of the dangers in the world and I was extremely eager to experience every part of the outdoors. My mom experienced my overly hyper self everyday and eventually decided to enrol me in activities. Girl guides, soccer clubs, ice skating lessons, swimming lessons were only few of the many activities that I participated in. These hobbies enabled me to show how much of an extrovert I was. At the same time, I was a shy extrovert because I could not yet push myself to be the conversation starter. I also obtained a lot of obedience for a six year old, but when at home I would still have my random bursts of tantrums. Being six and stepping into the world with the strong guidance of my parents allowed me to endure many elementary leveled experiences, such as making friends or the act of sharing with people which was new for me because I am an only child. I absolutely loved going out with my parents because I enjoyed observing others. I would observe how one spoke to another or how adults did everyday things. Aside from learning new things, I was still very naive. The world seemed like a like Disney movie to me and I was the "Disney princess". To conclude, my six year old self was a shy extroverted go getter who thirsty for the busy life.

    Today, I am a more self-aware person. My senior self is now able to not only help myself, but I am
also able to help my own parents by sharing my thoughts and giving my advice on certain issues. I am now able to contribute as a better team member for my family. I am more certain on who I am today. For instance, I am a very academically focused person and enlightened with the knowledge of knowing where my comfort level stands in certain situations which allows me to speak up. Views on the world from my point of view have grown to be more practical. Knowing more about who I am has made it possible for me to find the right crowd to hang out with. On the other side, I still carry my hyper and juvenile behavior during my leisure time. In conclusion, my sense of better understanding the type of person I am today has allowed me to transition into a stronger, more independent, mature and at times still silly adolescent.

 

   Looking into the future, I see myself having a career and mindset that grants me the opportunity to live a contented life. For example, my ability to not rush myself into things and think deeply before making a decision when it comes to life choices will allow me to have made my life somewhat more pleasing and less difficult. I hope to have gained the wisdom of knowing how to properly deal with the many scenarios, good and bad, that life may lay upon me. If lucky, I see myself having a "partner in crime" or in other words a companion who I can enjoy the various perks of life with. All in all, I see myself striving to achieve what almost everyone wants in life: success, happiness, the capability to give back to my parents and to provide for my family.

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment